[xsl] xsl:for-each-group and identity transform

Subject: [xsl] xsl:for-each-group and identity transform
From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:55:51 +0100
Hi list

When using xsl:for-each-group to transform an implicit hierarchy, e.g.
a flat XHTML document, into an explicit one, e.g. into a hierarchy of
nested div sections, we usually use xsl:copy-of in each
current-group() to copy markup and content over into the new
structure.

Am I right that it is not possible to skip xsl:copy-of and use the
identity template instead. If we need to make changes in markup and
content handled by xsl:for-each-group we must make two
transformations: first an xsl:for-each-group transformation, next a
modified identity transform?

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov

http://www.xmlkurser.dk