Re: [xsl] Complex conditional-page-master-reference force last with first

Subject: Re: [xsl] Complex conditional-page-master-reference force last with first
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:51:10 -0500
At 2009-02-22 11:33 -0500, Christopher R. Maden wrote:
G. Ken Holman wrote:
> As I understand page generation, the only two conditions for the
> formatter to "go and get the next page geometry" is when there is
> content to be flowed or when there is a forced blank page triggered by
> the current or following page sequence.

I think he should be able to do something with forcing an even number of
pages.

Yes, that is what I meant by "when there is a forced blank page triggered by the current or following page sequence".

That way, the first template would be used for the flowed
content, but then the second page, required by forcing an even count,
would be present with the required boilerplate.

The simple case of this is the classic THIS PAGE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK.

But wouldn't that preclude ever triggering the "only" condition because there would never be only one page? There would always be two or more.

The original poster has a requirement that for small amounts of content there be a page geometry satisfying the "only" condition of a one-page page-sequence: