Re: [xsl] question on default namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] question on default namespace
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:20:59 -0400
At 2009-03-09 14:10 +0100, Torsten Schassan wrote:
I tried to transform a document with a default namespace. In the result
I wanted to include the contents of another document that is in no
namespace. The xslt-snippet below didn't work, only when I deleted the
xpath-default-namespace and added to all elements processed the
namespace it worked. Are there any other solutions that include the
xpath-default-namespace?

You can declare xpath-default-namespace any number of times by adding it to *any* instruction using:

xpath-default-namespace=

... or to any literal result element using:

xsl:xpath-default-namespace=

There is no obligation to use it only on the document element.

It has scope for all the descendants until it hits another such declaration

Can I "reset" an xpath to no use of a namespace?

Any time you want. Just use an empty string.

I hope this helps.

--
XQuery/XSLT training in Prague, CZ 2009-03 http://www.xmlprague.cz
XQuery/XSLT/XSL-FO training in Los Angeles/Anaheim - 2009-06-01/10