[xsl] Basics of XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Basics of XSLT
From: himanshu padmanabhi <himanshu.padmanabhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:30:14 +0530
Hi,I am having few very basic XSL questions.

1.Why XSLT is actually used?and what it is exactly?

     My understanding is,it is HTML code only and XSLT can read XML
file with more ease.So one should use XSLT.
     We specity it using <xsl:output method="html"/> means there
should be other output forms also.

2.I am using XPATH to pass arguments in my perl code.

 my $results = $stylesheet->transform($source,
XML::LibXSLT::xpath_to_string(args => "$in{'args'}",val => "1"));
.
     What is XPATH?and what is its significance?What this function
"XML::LibXSLT::xpath_to_string" will do?

3. <xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";> Why this is
required at start of every XSL file?

     I think all the namespaces are defined there,all XSL elements
refer to/use to this location.
Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Padmanabhi