RE: [xsl] serialize base64

Subject: RE: [xsl] serialize base64
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:34:26 -0000
For Saxon-specific questions it's probably better to use the saxon-help list
which you can find via the Saxon project page on sourceforge.net.

The command line switch -TJ is useful for diagnosing this kind of problem.
As a start, it will help you to distinguish whether the problem is in
finding/loading the class, or in finding the matching method.

Incidentally, there are extension functions in Saxon to do this kind of
thing as well: see

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/base64binarytostr
ing.html

It's not strictly necessary, but the form of URI that I recommend is not
xmlns:myTest="GLP.Base64DecodeFromXML", but
xmlns:myTest="java:GLP.Base64DecodeFromXML". One reason for that is that XML
deprecates namespaces that aren't absolute URIs; another is that on .NET,
Saxon distinguishes calls to the Java library from calls to the .NET
library.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/