RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name

Subject: RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:59:51 -0000
Before your XML can be transformed it has to be parsed, and it cannot be
parsed because it is not well-formed according to the rules of
XML+Namespaces.

The fact that your XML has no namespaces is irrelevant. The rules of
XML+Namespaces don't require namespaces to be present, but they say that you
can't use colons except in certain particular ways.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/