RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name

Subject: RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:42:42 -0400
Navpreet,

At 09:01 PM 3/25/2009, you wrote:
My xml does not have any namespace declaration, only the xsl file has
it.

So when I try to generate PDF out of it with
"javax.xml.transform.Transformer", Transformer parses the xsl file and
not the xml file. But error causing line is in xml (<?QM: GENERATOR
[Ref] 10055: ParaHeading: NEW?> ) not in xsl. So why am I getting the
error.

You are getting the error because the parser that reads the XML file, before presenting it to the XSLT to be transformed, follows the rules of the "Namespaces in XML" Recommendation, which forbids colons in processing instruction names such as "QM:".

Cheers,
Wendell