Re: [xsl] Need help combing two elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need help combing two elements
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:40:15 -0400
Well I can copy and paste the entire FO, but it is quite large and I don't
have a website or FTP site that I can use to host the file.

I think these examples will help, but I think perhaps you missed my point.

I am suggesting that you create a miniature example, with a tiny XML source file, and the associated FO file that you WANT. The tiny XML source file should illustrate the data you want to transform, and the tiny result file (FO in your case) should show what you want to create from THAT source XML file.

In your case, perhaps the XML source for those two cell, wrapped as needed to create a well-formed XML document, and the FO you want for those cells.

By providing a test case like this you make it far easier for people to know what you want to accomplish, and thus to give you advice. Without this, they have to guess what you data really looks like, or what you want your XML output to be.

Does that make sense?

-- Tommie

But here is a tiny snippet of the FO, the two cells that I'd like to combine...

<fo:table-cell color="black" background-color="white" border="1pt solid
black" wrap-option="wrap" overflow="hidden"><fo:block font-size="8pt"
padding="1mm" margin-left=".25mm" overflow="hidden" language="ru"
hyphenate="true">Jan 23, 2007</fo:block></fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell color="black" background-color="white" border="1pt solid
black" wrap-option="wrap" overflow="hidden"><fo:block font-size="8pt"
padding="1mm" margin-left=".25mm" overflow="hidden" language="ru"
hyphenate="true">10:57</fo:block></fo:table-cell>

I'd like it to be like this...

<fo:table-cell color="black" background-color="white" border="1pt solid
black" wrap-option="wrap" overflow="hidden"><fo:block font-size="8pt"
padding="1mm" margin-left=".25mm" overflow="hidden" language="ru"
hyphenate="true">Jan 23, 2007 10:57</fo:block></fo:table-cell>

Or even better (with the formatting)...

<fo:table-cell color="black" background-color="white" border="1pt solid
black" wrap-option="wrap" overflow="hidden"><fo:block font-size="8pt"
padding="1mm" margin-left=".25mm" overflow="hidden" language="ru"
hyphenate="true">2000-01-23 10:57</fo:block></fo:table-cell>

If it would help I can post the entire FO.