Re: [xsl] XSL - Documentation

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL - Documentation
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 18:45:01 -0400
At 2009-05-13 08:18 -0400, Robert Koberg wrote:
On May 13, 2009, at 8:09 AM, G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2009-05-13 11:57 +0200, Michael Schdfer wrote:
  So I think that allowing the full set of DITA and DocBook
features for
  use in comments may introduce unnecessary complexity.

Interestingly I saw the choice of DITA and DocBook as introducing simplicity because in both cases I use off-the-shelf stylesheets (included in the package) that render these vocabularies to HTML. No need to write one's own documentation vocabulary and then stylesheets for that vocabulary.

And I have a number of customers' stylesheets documented with lists,
graphics, tables, program listings and other constructs that are all
sitting there ready to use in the off-the-shelf vocabularies.

But, with XHTML you could use the identity template.

So noted, Rob! I've added adding this third vocabulary to the to-do list.

Good idea ... thanks.

--
XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08