[xsl] xml-stylesheet in browser results / mime type association

Subject: [xsl] xml-stylesheet in browser results / mime type association
From: "Rushforth, Peter" <Peter.Rushforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:20:14 -0400
Hi List,

Is there any way in a browser to have the input doc processed using an
xml-stylesheet pi, and have the result kick off an application (e.g. the
output of the stylesheet is kml so the browser fires up google earth,
say).

I've tried this <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
media="vnd.google-earth.kml+xml" href="..."?>
 but I think the result is kml as rendered by IE or FF.

I have a vnd.google-earth.kml+xml which fires up GE when I access a kml
url over http, but I would
like it to work locally too, if that was possible.

I justify a post to this list on the grounds that I don't believe it is
application specific, but stylesheet technology in general.

Thanks for any hints!

Cheers,
Peter Rushforth