Re: [xsl] How to calculate column number of the entry?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to calculate column number of the entry?
From: Toshihiko Makita <tmakita@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:58:04 +0900
Hi Wendell,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm interested in XSLT 2.0 implementation because my job environment forces me to use XSLT 1.0 until now. So I'm still newbie for XSLT 2.0.

Have you ever seen the XSLT2.0 project of DocBook? Today I saw the code for the first time.

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/xsl2/base/fo/table.xsl?revision=8090
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/xsl2/base/common/table.xsl?revision=7571

The XSLT2.0 implementation seems to adopt two-phase process for processing table. First, normalize the table. Second, process the normalized table.

The code in common/table.xsl line 58 to 101 is very useful for me in comparison with XSLT 1.0 code.

I am thinking that my approach (to get column position directly) is too straightforward to process complexed CALS table.

Thanks,

Toshihiko Makita