Re: [xsl] Combining segments by matching attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Combining segments by matching attributes
From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:30:02 -0600
On 14 Jul 2009, at 04:32 , Dot Porter wrote:

Dear List,

I'm having an issue and I'm not even sure where to start.

I have a document in TEI consisting of a group of several versions of
the same text, divided into segments (<seg>) and numbered (@n). The
numbering is the same in all versions (so <seg n="220.2"> is the same
in text A as in text B). The general structure is:

Do the numbered segments, when present, invariably appear in the same order?

And if so, do the @n attributes sort into that order?  (Are
they in fact numeric, or could they contain multiple full
stops?)

If either question elicits a 'no', and you care about the
order, then you will need to take steps to see that the
app elements appear in the order you want them in.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net