RE: [xsl] trouble with preceding:: and parsing xhtml

Subject: RE: [xsl] trouble with preceding:: and parsing xhtml
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:52:36 +0100
> It worked as in the command line tools - both xalan and
> saxon.  Although, as mentioned in the last email, in order to
> use saxon, I have to use xerces as the parser.

I'm not aware of any issues with the aelfred parser incorporated in Saxon
6.5.5 that could cause this, but I'm not going to worry about it - it's a
very old product. One possibility is byte-order-marks: these have become
more common over the years and early parsers didn't permit them. Generally I
advise people nowadays to use Saxon 9.x even if their stylesheets don't need
any XSLT 2.0 facilities.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/