Re: [xsl] Moving Specific content/element to the end of the output file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Moving Specific content/element to the end of the output file
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:22:39 +0200
Ramkumar wrote:

In my input xml file, element 'footnote' may come any where in my xml
structure. There is specific parent element for this, common root element is
'doc'.

I will try to move all the footnotes to the end of the output file.

Consider to post a small input sample and the corresponding HTML you want the stylesheet to create.
If you want to move all footnotes to the end then you probably want e.g.

<xsl:template match="doc">
    <head>
    </head>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="//footnote" mode="m1"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="footnote"/>

<xsl:template match="footnote" mode="m1">
  <!-- now output what you want to do with footnotes here -->
</xsl:template>

and then add templates for the default mode that copy or transform the elements you want in the HTML document before listing the footnotes at the end.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/