RE: [xsl] Saxon9, XMLSpy2009, and result-document href=

Subject: RE: [xsl] Saxon9, XMLSpy2009, and result-document href=
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:15:59 -0000
> While developing my XSLT 2.0 transformation files using
> XMLSpy 2009, I was able to save output to the result-document
> @href value of "C:/folder/file.xml" but when using Saxon9
> this doesn't work.  Saxon9 seemed to only work if I used
> "file:////C:/folder/file.xml" instead (Which doesn't work
> with XMLSpy).

The specification states that it must be a URI. Many products accept Windows
filenames in places where the W3C specs mandate a URI, but in general, Saxon
doesn't.

It should be file:///C:/folder/file.xml or possibly file:/C:/folder/file.xml
- but I'm not surprised you got away with ////, the specs for the file: URI
scheme are pretty fuzzy.

You might find that the most portable solution is to use a relative URI
(e.g. file.xml). This is interpreted relative to the base Output URI, which
will generally be the destination of the primary output of the
transformation.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/