[xsl] Saxon9, XMLSpy2009, and result-document href=

Subject: [xsl] Saxon9, XMLSpy2009, and result-document href=
From: Raymond Lillibridge <RLillibridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:08:01 -0400
All,

While developing my XSLT 2.0 transformation files using XMLSpy 2009, I was
able to save output to the result-document @href value of "C:/folder/file.xml"
but when using Saxon9 this doesn't work.  Saxon9 seemed to only work if I used
"file:////C:/folder/file.xml" instead (Which doesn't work with XMLSpy).

This creates a development problem.  My current solution is to change XMLSpy
to use Saxon9 for it's translations, but I can't assume all developers will be
using it for their development and transformations.  Is there a method of
writing our XSLT transformations such that they will work properly using
either Saxon9 or XMLSpy2009?  Any insight on this difference in their
functionality is appreciated.

Cheers,
Raymond Lillibridge
   Systems Analyst
rlillibridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx
800-262-2633
850-576-3171 x248

"It's what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be
when you can't help it."
--Oscar Wilde