Re: [xsl] reading a text file and putting out an xml file using xslt 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] reading a text file and putting out an xml file using xslt 2.0
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:30:04 +0100
a kusa wrote:

I have an input file which is a text file. My output should be an XML
file that conforms to a schema that I already have.

How do I do this in XSLT2.0? Can I use unparsed-text() function? Are
there any examples that I can look at for this?

An XSLT 2.0 processor should allow you to start processing with a named template so in your stylesheet you would write a named template e.g.
<xsl:template name="main">
<xsl:variable name="t1" select="unparsed-text('input.txt')"/>
<!-- now process t1 here perhaps by tokenizing -->
</xsl:template>
then you would instruct the XSLT processor to start with template named "main" (e.g. option -it:main in Saxon or /n main with Altova I think).

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/