Re: [xsl] Benefits of using xsl:key

Subject: Re: [xsl] Benefits of using xsl:key
From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:21:17 +0100
Michael Kay wrote:
> The exact way in which you created this file is probably very important. If
> you did it by naive copy-and-paste, then it's likely that the duplicate
> values in the file are very close to each other and that the distance
> between duplicates is consistently small.

I just pasted the three lines four times, then those lines 10 times,
then those lines 10 times, etc. The data set is admittedly only good
enough to demonstrate in a classroom that xsl:key can be useful, but
it is not fair to use this "dummy" data set to test optimization of an
XSLT processor.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov