RE: [xsl] XSLT filter syntax advice?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT filter syntax advice?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:44:40 -0000
> I'm trying to use XSLT to transform the following XML into HTML...
>

> I'm getting hung up on the XSLT syntax that will display all
> the "Items" for a particular Category. I can list the
> categories - or the Items, but listing the items in a
> particular category is not working so well.

It's remarkable how many people write to forums like this saying that their
code isn't working, but don't show us the code. This makes it very hard to
see where people are going wrong, where their conceptual blocks are that
need to be put right. I suspect that in some cases people are shy of showing
their code because they fear it will be ridiculed, but a sign of a good
programmer is that they positively welcome feedback and criticism of their
code, and take it on board - it's by far the best way of improving your
knowledge and skills (that was a fantastic discovery when I started writing
open source code ten years ago).

If you don't know where to start, that's a different matter. But if you've
tried something and it didn't give the answer you expected, then show us
what you tried, and let us explain it.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/