RE: [xsl] Obstacles (?) to XSLT 2.0 in C++

Subject: RE: [xsl] Obstacles (?) to XSLT 2.0 in C++
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:07:27 -0000
> The grand total of contributions so far is $100.00.
>
> This experience leads to my conclusion that very few, if any,
> folks are willing to pay for base technology.

That sounds to me as if the people you approached for funding were the
potential users. That's not the normal way of doing business. If you wanted
to open a coffee shop, and tried to fund the venture by asking people
walking down the street to contribute to your startup costs, I think it
unlikely that you would collect $100. But that doesn't prove that people are
not prepared to pay for coffee. People do finance the opening of coffee
shops: they write a credible business plan and take it to the bank manager.

Did you have a business plan? If so, I'd love to see it ;-)

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay