Re: [xsl] XPath (and other W3C drafts)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath (and other W3C drafts)
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:07:59 +0100
Hello Michael,

I very much agree that change marks based on authored markup would be the best
solution. For a very technical audience I am nevertheless interested in
process (b), at the XML level. I am well aware of the complexity of a Longest
Common String algorithm combined with inserted/deleted/moved elements plus
constraints based on id attributes... Is the process (b) you mentioned an open
resource?

Thanks a lot,

- Michael M|ller-Hillebrand

Am 16.12.2009 um 14:46 schrieb Michael Kay:

>> Slightly related: Does anyone know which technology is used
>> to create the document with change markings: [...]
>
> In the past two processes have been used:
>
> (a) XSLT-based, derived from markup manually added by editors as the
changes
> are made
>
> (b) XSLT-based, derived from differencing at the XML level
>
> This time, largely because of changes in personnel, a different process was
> used, based on HTML differencing.
>
> I have a diff'ed version of the F+O spec made using process (a) and it is
> vastly better than the one that has been published, largely because it
> differentiates substantive changes from mere editorial rearrangement. I'm
> going to try and make it available.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Kay

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747