RE: [xsl] Format Phone number

Subject: RE: [xsl] Format Phone number
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:27:50 -0000
> I want to format phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx format.

Are you really sure it is wise to write an application that can only handle
phone numbers in US format? This kind of thing gets very annoying for users
in other countries. (I've had to give an invented phone number before now to
get past the "validation" on the input form...)

A phone number should not really be treated as a number: leading zeroes are
significant, and arithmetic operations are meaningless. It's really just a
string whose component characters happen to be digits.

> I am using XSL1.0
> I tried with below approaches but didn't work

Please don't say that something "didn't work" without telling us the
symptoms. Did it produce output, or an error message? If it produced output,
what was the output and how was it wrong? If it produced an error message,
what was the message?

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/