Re: [xsl] Format Phone number

Subject: Re: [xsl] Format Phone number
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:10:00 +0100
Am 21.12.2009 um 12:33 schrieb Anil Kumar Veeramalli:

> do you think is this good approach?

No. It seems to fulfill a short-term request but it is going to fail soon.
Because as soon as any extra requirement appears (and they usually do), you
are stuck. Whether it is the leading "+", additional digits in parentheses, a
different international digit grouping, or the separation of
country/city/local parts of the number. Especially the latter would be fun,
because you would have to calculate the full-form "number" from individual
parts... in Germany we have city code with 36 digits plus local "numbers"
ranging from 38 digits. Hey, and what about vanity numbers...

Try a more solid approach. Even though we call it a telephone "number" it is
not a numeric, like every computer likes to treat it.

Good luck,

- Michael M|ller-Hillebrand

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747