Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:59:34 GMT
> There is no such workaround in IE, that I know of, that doesn't either
> break the "back" button or throw the browser into quirks mode.

If I look at developer tools (F12) on, say,

http://www.nag.co.uk/numeric/FL/nagdoc_fl22/xhtml/A02/a02aaf.xml

it appears to say it's being rendered using IE8 standards mode rather
than quirks mode. Ive never seen any problem with the back button, what
bad effects would you expect?

Incidentally, to get the mathml on that page to render you will need
mathplayer, if you have mathplayer insalled you don't need xslt at all
to render application/xhtml+mathml in IE as it acts as a mime filter
and intercepts this mime type and displays (as html) in IE. You need to
have mathml (doctype or namespace) somewhere at the top of the file just
to trigger the filter) But the mathplayer mime filter isn't being used
in the above page, which is simply using the xml-stylesheet PI.

David