Re: [xsl] Associating javascript with XSL and XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Associating javascript with XSL and XML
From: Rob Belics <rob_belics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:37:46 -0600
On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 13:13 +0100, Martin Honnen wrote:

> Is there any difference between those two stylesheets?
> What exactly is it that you want to achieve?

Lack of proofreading on my part:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
<xsl:template match="/">
        <h:script type="text/javascript">
                alert('hello');
        </h:script>
        <h:style type="text/css">
                a{background-color:red}
        </h:style>
<xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="item">
        <h:a href="{link}"><xsl:value-of select="desc"/></h:a>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

What I'm trying to do is start up javascript and be able to manipulate
the DOM in the browser without having to rely on anything related to
HTML. I don't have any aversion to HTML, it just feels like I'm adding
extraneous elements.