Re: [xsl] What are the best XSLT 1 or XSLT 2 performance benchmarks available today?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What are the best XSLT 1 or XSLT 2 performance benchmarks available today?
From: Kevin Jones <kjouk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:07:10 +0000
I was never a fan of XSLTMark because a lot of samples have a very synthetic nature, although it didn't help that it was released by a competitor at the time. As an alternative I created XSLTBench from example uses gathered around the web in 2001, this is still the main performance benchmark used on the Intel processors although we extended it a couple of years back and also have a lot of customer cases we benchmark against as well. You can find copies of XSLTBench around although there is no official distribution point anymore.

For XSLT 2.0 we currently use a modified form of XSLTBench, we expect the comparison between 1.0 & 2.0 to be useful but we also expect that a 2.0 processor will be marginally slower on these samples. Of course there will also be samples where 2.0 does better but this is not yet the focus of our work. If anyone is interested in the XSLTBench samples, send me an email at kevin dot jones at intel dot com and I will see what we can do to release them.

Regards
Kev
Intel SOA Expressway team