Re: [xsl] Referencing content in XML and then processing in XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Referencing content in XML and then processing in XSLT 2.0
From: Jacobus Reyneke <jacobusreyneke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:39:52 +0200
> Define companies using a company element with an id:
>
> <company id="comp1" name="Some Company">
>  ..more details about the company
> </company>
>
> then refer to that company with a company ref element:
>
> <company-ref ref-id="comp1"/>
>
> then in your XSLT, have a template that matches "company-ref" that
> gets the "company" element's @name:
>
> <xsl:template match="description/company-ref">
>  <xsl:apply-templates select="key('company-by-id', @ref-id)/@name"/>
> ..
>

> cheers
> --
> Andrew Welch

Thanks Andrew,

It's a

Is there any way I can use my own "id" name for this, e.g.
"domain-id", or does XSLT expect refs to always point to "id". I am
trying to steer clear of the reserved "id" attribute since I may one
day need to include and preserve external data id's as well as my own.

Also, is there any way to make your solution work if the referencing
content is inside an attribute of an element
e.g. <company product="The editor &lt;producttype-ref
ref-id=&quot;manual1&quot;/&gt;">

Apologies, I know it looks like a weird requirement, but it makes
sense in the solution I'm working on.

Kind regards,
Jacobus