Re: [xsl] Alternative to XSLTHL?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Alternative to XSLTHL?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:15:54 -0700
>  So in the case of Jacek, it seems the answer to your response
> (Dimitre) is "the grammar is PHP, and I want to be able to parse
> a PHP exerpt while formating a DITA document by using XSLT (to
> add some info to the PHP code to provide syntax highliting in
> HTML)".

Why does this sound so weird, or am I the only one thinking so?

While this could be accomplished in XSLT, any other compiler-compiler
system in any other language could be used, too.

I've never imagined (and I don't find myself excited) to parse PHP in XSLT.

On the other side, generating PHP code (and any other PL code) with
XSLT seems more interesting.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev