Re: [xsl] Change Months from English to French [XSLT 1.0]

Subject: Re: [xsl] Change Months from English to French [XSLT 1.0]
From: Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:22:50 -0400
> Automatic translation, perhaps: "he may" => il peut?

Ha! Absolutely, automatic translation caught with its pants down. :-)

(And, interestingly, although I claim not to know a word of French,
if push comes to shove, I'm pretty sure "May" is "mai".)

> Amazingly, though, if you Google for "French month name peut" the
> first result is an XSLT question (which doesn't mention "peut";
> though you don't get the hit if you omit it from the query...).

Hmm ... I don't get a hit that is an XSLT question for that query. If
I include "XSLT" in the search terms, I do: an archive on the
stylusstudio.com site of a post by Dimitre Novatchev dated
2001-01-04. And I note that the post includes your name, too,
Michael.

But since this is no longer directly XSL-related, I suggest anyone
interested in following this take it off-list. (Or bring it up in
Montreal, if you'll be there -- I expect to depart in < 24 hrs.)