Re: [xsl] yet another namespace question (unwanted xmlns=""

Subject: Re: [xsl] yet another namespace question (unwanted xmlns=""
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:13:57 +0200
Birnbaum, David J wrote:

Not a big deal at the moment, perhaps, but I would prefer not to have to suppress a namespace definition that appears to be irrelevant to the output separately, explicitly, and individually for every element I create in the svg namespace. Aside from the aesthetics, as the stylesheet grows beyond being a frustrating namespace exercise into something that generates useful output, there emerges a real development and maintenance cost. What I'd like to be able to do is include a declaration only once in the stylesheet, so that it will then apply automatically to exclude the xmlns="" where it isn't needed, that is, on elements in the svg namespace.

I've read, tinkered, and googled, but I seem to keep missing the solution. Since the default namespace isn't being used and the namespace of the literal result element is specified by a prefix, is there a graceful general (global) way to prevent the stylesheet from generating the superfluous xmlns="" output on what will eventually become more complex in-line svg?

Move the
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
to the xsl:stylesheet element. Currently you have it inside of a template so that it only applies to the elements created in that template.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/