Re: [xsl] browser status on id/xml:id (idxml)

Subject: Re: [xsl] browser status on id/xml:id (idxml)
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:59:51 +0200
> why not simply use key(,'id',foo) instead if id(foo) using <xsl:key
> name="id" match="*[@id]" use="@id"/>  which doesn't require any ID
> properties of the node?

I already got duplicate elimination to work with key, see dupelim.xsl here:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201008/msg00245.html

But
- I had no explanation on where the ghost nodes came from
- because of those ghost nodes an intersection had to be computed
- I had to to the duplicate elimination "by hand".

In
http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201008/msg00246.html

Michael came up with the idea of having a space separated string and in
http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201008/msg00258.html

I started investigation of how to use id() function for that.

id() function has two big advantage over Michael's proposed string
processing:
- it does duplicate elimination "automatically" given a list of (not
necessarily distict) strings
- it is part of the XSLT processor and should be more efficient than a XSLT
solution

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen