Re: [xsl] Start another XSLT processor from within an executing XSLT transform?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Start another XSLT processor from within an executing XSLT transform?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:15:49 +0100
On 01/10/2010 11:04, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
I believe that it assumes machine B is running a web server, correct?

No, not correct.

The whole point of URL's is that they provide a Uniform syntax for locating stuff, so from XSLT you can never refer to a "file system path"
You always refer to a URL an tne your underlying system translates that to whatever the host requires.

I suggested using a http scheme URL but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to use a http server (but why not, you probably have one installed on the machine already) but if you don't want to run a http server you can still use a http scheme URI or any other scheme you choose, and just arrange to use a local URI entity resolver that does whatever needs doing

David

________________________________________________________________________ The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.