Re: [xsl] How do I determine that an item is a numeric atomic value?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I determine that an item is a numeric atomic value?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 22:55:47 +0100
In XPath 1.0:
==========

number($x) = number($x)

That would also return true if $x is a string or boolean or a node that can be converted to a number, for example the string "12" or the boolean true() or an attribute containing the value "12". In fact I think that's the closest you can get in XPath 1.0 - and it's good enough, because you don't really want to know whether it IS a number, you want to know whether it can be used in a context where a number is required.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

In XPath 2.0 ========== Either the above, or:

$x instance of xs:double or $x instance of xs:decimal