Re: [xsl] Create an end element - possible?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Create an end element - possible?
From: "[x] cross solution" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:46:01 +0200
Hi Wendell,

> At any rate, if you're using XSLT 2.0, solutions of type (1) in Liam's
description typically take the form of grouping problems. In essence, your
code has to make inferences based on the data content regarding structures you
want in the result.
I have to use XSLT 1.0 because the XALAN is in the output engine of the
database. No other xslt processer is in the output engine available.

> Such solutions are also possible using XSLT 1.0, although with greater
effort.
> The main advantage of doing it the Right Way (avoiding solutions of type 2)
are: robustness (your code is not as fragile if it has to run in different
architectures or processors); and detecting and handling exceptions.
yes, you're right. All workarounds have to be checked after every release. The
standard functions works much better, than every workaround. I prefer the
standard functions too.

>> See a sample of the "XML" - which have the HTML info in the content.
>> In XSLT 1.0 I'm limited - if i have 2.0 it is much easier because i can
transfer the content in new xml structures.
>> Enclose find a sample of the DATA content
>> <COL>
>> <DATA>&lt;SPAN STYLE= &quot;font-weight: bold;text-align: center;&quot;
&gt;VEREINBARUNG (VERTRAG)&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;SPAN STYLE= &quot;text-align:
center;&quot; &gt;</DATA>
>> </COL>

> It's true this is very nasty stuff to have to deal with. For one thing, you
have no assurance going in that the "HTML" pseudo-markup will actually parse
-- like this example (there is an unclosed open tag). Do you plan to intercept
that or let it through?
Should is tell you the truth?
I parse every character of the content!
So i extract all things i need for the formatting. Why? Because i can't
transfer the content in a xml tree (XSLT 1.0).
I use a "character" recursion template and extract all information i need.
-> not what i want, but not other possibility in XSLT 1.0, because all
transformation have to be done in the ram - no save to the disk and also a
save to the disk and open again doesn't help, because the database output is
not a well formed XHTML as you see.

cheers

armin

Armin Egginger