Re: [xsl] Storing output tree in a variable and stripping

Subject: Re: [xsl] Storing output tree in a variable and stripping
From: hallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:08:30 +0200
Hello Michael,

thanks for the answer.

I'm using the Saxon PE 9.2.0.2 processor. Are there any programs or tools (pref. Open Source) available which are able to measure the speed/performance of an XSLT-Stylesheet in a reliable manner or do I have to get out my old stopwatch? :-)

Regards, Matthias

Michael Kay wrote:

Although this solution seems to me pretty elegant in comparison to (a) a separate stylesheet or (b) if-then structures which would only bloat the xslt-code , I'm not quite sure if this solution is a good idea regarding the performance of the stylesheet.

Measure it and see. With performance questions, if often depends on the detail. It also depends on the processor you are using.