Re: [xsl] optimization of complex XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] optimization of complex XPath
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:16:10 +0100
On 19 November 2010 13:31, Graydon <graydon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:38:40AM +0100, Wolfgang Laun scripsit:
>>

>> So the initially posted loop will have to be extended to iterate over
>> 90,000 files...?
>
> Yes.

Then even Michael's O(n.log(n)) might be beyond the tolerance limit.

Repeating myself: I'd do a single pass XSLT extraction of links and
targets, followed by grep, sort -u and comm, and spend the saved time
surfing ;-)

Adding another idea: Preocessing single-file results after each
individual file's processing will leave you with the remainder that's
either broken or must be matched cross-file-wise, which might help if
most links are file-local.

-W