Re: [xsl] Saxon performance difference in eClipse and App Server

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon performance difference in eClipse and App Server
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:08:18 +0100
Fraser Goffin wrote:

thanks for the advice. Moving away from using a DOMSource to a
StreamSource has cut the App Server times from 700-800ms to 150-180ms,
so that was really worthwhile.

I would now like to see if there is any further improvement possible
by using Saxon's native tree as per Micael's suggestion (a hint to get
me going would be helpful - do you mean using the S9 API (per the
examples you provide ?)

If you are using a StreamSource then I think Saxon will use that to build its native tree from it so there is nothing more you need to do to ensure that the native tree model is used instead of a DOM tree.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/