[xsl] Markers in tables and fo:retrieve-table-marker

Subject: [xsl] Markers in tables and fo:retrieve-table-marker
From: charlieo0@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:03:10 +0000 (UTC)
I realize retrieve-table-markers is FO 1.1 and not officially released but I'm
hoping someone has some experience using this mark up.

I have read through the spec a half dozen times and I just can't seem to get
handle on how to use fo:marker and fo:retrieve-table-marker to get the desired
output. I have tried every combination of "retrieve-position-within-table" and
"retrieve-boundary-within-table" and basically get the some result regardless
of the values. The table row (in the header) that uses
fo:retrieve-table-marker is basically static (it has to go in either a
table-header or table-footer). I need to retrieve the table marker in the
header. It cannot be a table-footer.

Placement of the fo:marker can go in variety of places. I think I've tried
everything. Again, regardless of the placement of the fo:marker I get the same
output (Antenna House rendering) result.

Either I end up with the marker on every page of the table or not at all. The
marker is a continued header. It needs to appear only if the table breaks to a
second or succeeding page. Currently I am getting the continued marker on at
the beginning of the table AND when the table breaks to a second page. Or, not
at all.

I don't need help with the XSLT, I need help with the output structure. If
someone can get me in the right direction on how to use fo:marker and
fo:retrieve-table-marker in an fo:table-header I can add it to my existing
XSLT for generating the fo:tables.

I can only provide a snippet of my output. I think only the first part of the
table is relevant. You can assume this a large table that continues over three
pages. The following markup produces the the "continued" marker at the
beginning of the table and when the table breaks to another page. Please, how
do I get the "continued' marker to NOT appear at the beginning of the table?

<fo:table-and-caption>
   <fo:table-caption caption-side="top">
     <fo:block font-family="Arial" text-align="center">Tableb1.bEL
Panel.</fo:block>
   </fo:table-caption>
    <fo:table border-style="solid">
       <fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width="80.00px"/>
       <fo:table-column column-number="2" column-width="149.00px"/>
       <fo:table-column column-number="3"
column-width="proportional-column-width(3.00)"/>
          <fo:table-header font-weight="bold">
            <fo:table-row border="hidden">
                <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="3">
                    <fo:block>
                      <fo:retrieve-table-marker
retrieve-class-name="table-title"
retrieve-position-within-table="first-starting"
retrieve-boundary-within-table="table"/>
                    </fo:block>
               </fo:table-cell>
            </fo:table-row>
            <fo:table-row>
             <fo:table-cell text-align="center">
              <fo:block font-family="Arial">Field</fo:block>
             </fo:table-cell>
             <fo:table-cell>
                <fo:block font-family="Arial">Description</fo:block>
              </fo:table-cell>
             <fo:table-cell>
               <fo:block font-family="Arial">Conditions for
display</fo:block>
             </fo:table-cell>
             </fo:table-row>
          </fo:table-header>
          <fo:table-body><fo:marker marker-class-name="table-title">Table 1.
EL Panel b Continued</fo:marker>
            <fo:table-row>
                  <fo:table-cell>
                      <fo:block font-family="Arial">1</fo:block>
                   </fo:table-cell>
                     <fo:table-cell>
                      <fo:block font-family="Arial">1</fo:block>
                   </fo:table-cell><fo:table-cell>
                      <fo:block font-family="Arial">1</fo:block>
                   </fo:table-cell>
               </fo:table-row></fo:table-body></fo:table></fo:table-and-capti
on>

thanks.

Charles Flanders