Re: [xsl] Markers in tables and fo:retrieve-table-marker

Subject: Re: [xsl] Markers in tables and fo:retrieve-table-marker
From: charlieo0@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:13:55 +0000 (UTC)
>First, separate the table title from the "continued" text:
>
>   <block>
>     Table 1. EL Panel
>     <retrieve-table-marker retrieve-class-name="continued-text"/>
>   </block>
>
>Then in your first table cell, do the following:

>      <block>
>        <marker marker-class-name="continued-text"></marker>
>      </block>
>      <block>
>        <marker marker-class-name="continued-text">- Continued</marker>
>      </block>
>      <block-container>
>        ...cell stuff...
>      </block-container>
>
>Two blocks are needed so that the two markers are not competing to be
>qualifying the same areas.

Thank you for the help. Indeed, Adding the first blank marker is what I needed to get the desired output.

One small problem however, with the solution. You suggest separating the table title from the continued text. I don't see how this is possible. The table title is in fo:table-caption. fo-retrieve-table-marker is not valid there. It has to be part of fo-table-header. Also, since I did not include my XSL, the table number is generated from a counter. The DTD I'm working with requires table/title and the title has to go into the table-caption. It seems I have to replicate the title in the marker to get it into the fo:table-header.

Charles Flanders