Re: [xsl] Q: Where will xpointer() apply in case of xml-stylesheet PI presence?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Q: Where will xpointer() apply in case of xml-stylesheet PI presence?
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:35:36 +0100
Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt wrote:

I posted this question yesterday on xml-dev:

Because of the xml-stylesheet PI there is a XSLT aspect and
posting here will hopefully get an answer.

Mozilla/Firefox used to support some XPointer stuff (element() and xpath() scheme, some proprietary API, https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XML_in_Mozilla). However the current releases (Firefox 3.6) don't support it anymore. I tested with Firefox 2.0 and when I load a URL like
http://localhost/file.xml#element(/1/200)
where file.xml references an XSLT stylesheet that transforms file.xml into some XML result document styled with CSS then the "element(/1/200)" pointer is applied to the result i.e. the 200th child element of the root element of the result document is scrolled into view.
So that is how Firefox/Mozilla used to implement it, I have no idea whether the specs suggest or demand that.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/