Re: [xsl] Re: xslt 3.0 possible feature - some sort of collection to help when streaming

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: xslt 3.0 possible feature - some sort of collection to help when streaming
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:23:33 +0000
Interesting.. probably very naive here, but it sounds a bit like it
could be done as the Observer pattern where each observer is a sax
ContentHandler registering itself with whatever is processing the
stream (another ContentHandler) and then for each event, it calls the
respective event on each of the observers.

Yes, that's exactly how I see it working. It just depends on having everything working internally in push mode - which is basically how streaming works in Saxon. Although I haven't implemented xsl:fork yet, I don't see it being a big problem.

Michael Kay
Saxonica