Re: [xsl] Antenna House FO formatter 5.3 for Mac, installation issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] Antenna House FO formatter 5.3 for Mac, installation issue
From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:50:39 -0600
On Jul 3, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Tony Graham wrote:

> On Sun, July 3, 2011 8:37 pm, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>> I wonder if any readers of this list have experience running version
>> of the Antenna House Formatter 5.3 under Mac OS X.
>
> Try the Antenna House mailing list.  See
> http://www.antennahouse.com/support.htm#mailinglist

Thanks for the suggestion.  (I had the impression, from the
page you point to, that the mailing list is open only to license holders,
not to those who are using an evaluation copy of the software.
Perhaps I was wrong.)

In the meantime, Antenna House has responded to my bug
report.  In case it helps others, I record their suggestion here.

It turns out (for reasons I don't quite grasp) to be necessary
to point the installer to the name of an already existing
directory (to which the user running the installer has write
access); in my case, the default installation directory did not
already exist, and the installer died because it could not create
the necessary directories.

Pointing the installer to an existing rather than a new directory
(i.e. making an /Applications/AntennaHouse directory first, and
pointing the installer at it, instead of accepting the default) made
the installation work without problems.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net