Re: [xsl] compare two nodes (the child elements, not the string values) in XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] compare two nodes (the child elements, not the string values) in XSLT 1.0
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:22:21 +0200
Am 06.07.2011 um 20:54 schrieb Wolfhart Totschnig:

> I have a seemingly simple xslt problem to which I cannot find the solution.
I want to test whether the context node, which is an <author> element with the
form (first?, middle?, last), is equal to one of a set of <person> elements.
By "equal" I mean having the same child elements and values of these elements.
At first, I thought it would be as easy as

> test="path/person = ."
>
> But then I realized that the "=" operator compares the string values of the
nodes

Wolfhart,

How about this (not very cool):

test="concat(path/person/first, '|', path/person/first, '|',
path/person/first)
    = concat(first, '|', middle, '|', last)"

- Michael M|ller-Hillebrand