RE: [xsl] stylesheet organisation

Subject: RE: [xsl] stylesheet organisation
From: Tom T <tomxsllist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 16:20:38 +0100
By doing it the way we have I appreciate we are missing out on some of those
extra things Oxygen offers but I felt it was more important to architect the
stylesheets in a way that suited our requirements rather than be suited the
editor we were going to be editing in (for example we do not import / include
stylesheets more than once).
Similarly We're not keen on adding components to a stylesheet that have no use
beyond assisting an editor. To get around the validation issue, yes, we make
sure we only validate the file from the entry level stylesheet.

> Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 17:30:53 +0300
> From: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: tomxsllist@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation
>
> It is not only the validation that fails... if the tool will normally
> offer you editing help by looking into the stylesheets for defined
> templates, variables, functions, etc. then you will loose that as well.
>
> oXygen supports this though validation scenarios where you can define
> the main (entry point) stylesheet to be used instead of the one you edit.
>
> One possibility to overcome this (if there is no support in the tool) is
> to define the referred components at the top of the stylesheet with an
> empty value or generating an error message that there is no proper
> definition for that component and reply on the import precedence to
> bring in the actual definition from the importing stylesheets - but this
> may hide errors when the module is imported from another stylesheet that
> does not define all the components, or it will delay their detection
> until runtime.
>
> Best Regards,
> George
> --
> George Cristian Bina
> http://www.oxygenxml.com
>
> On 9/2/11 5:08 PM, Tom T wrote:
> >
> > Ah yes, then I still get those error messages but just choose to ignore
them, I don't find them useful in the debugging process anyway.

> >> Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:55:48 +0100
> >> From: andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx
> >> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation

will only ever be imported once, - not sure what you mean by 'rely on tools to
be aware of that'?