Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 08:56:23 +0100
On 2 September 2011 20:38, George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On 9/2/11 6:20 PM, Tom T wrote:
>>
>> By doing it the way we have I appreciate we are missing out on some of
>> those extra things Oxygen offers
>
> My point was that oXygen supports this use case, if you define a validation
> scenario and specify the main entry XSLT file then you will have full
> support for both validation and editing.

This is a nice feature of oXygen - if you are editing a stylesheet
that is imported/included elsewhere, and that stylesheet refers to
things that don't exist locally but do exist in the compiled
stylesheet, then oXygen is aware of that and won't highlight them as
errors.

> I think Andrew referred to the fact that this is not generally supported by
> other tools, thus my suggestion to define a missing variable or a function
> in the XSLT module to avoid the validation errors.

I've only ever used Xselerator and then oXygen (and ahem, Kernow for
quickly hacking or checking answers before posting :)  )... so I don't
know if that's a widely implemented feature or not - any altova or
stylus studio users out there?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com