Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation
From: Geert Bormans <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:21:54 +0200
mmh, subversion has some conflict resolution,
but for one reason or another I have never been really satisfied with that.
In my experience subversion conflicts always result in peer to peer communication to sort it out.
Avoiding conflicts seem to work better than conflict resolution

I seem to have experienced that if xslts are split up wisely,
there is far less risk for conflicts

Imagine teams of developers having access to mantis or bugzilla,
taking up tasks as they please, working across a code base.
I seem to have experienced that efficiency grows with the number of files
(up to a certain extent and only when architected well)

So I have come to organize projects I am involved in this way,
and maintain that approach in smaller projects when I am the only developer involved

This also seems to work better with testing.
I can make a test harnass only including a single file and deliver that as a complete set to test teams

But I agree all of this might be rather subjective

At 17:49 2/09/2011, you wrote:
Thanks for your post, just to query one part:

> And having multiple smaller files helps collaboration

Why do you think mutiple smaller files helps collaboration?

The same file edited in 2 different places gets merged down anyway,
and conflicts would happen whether the conflicting line was in one big
file or one small file amongst many...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com