[xsl] Thank you

Subject: [xsl] Thank you
From: "Mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:21:19 -0700
I hope a simple bthank youb to the list for all the help I have received over the past several months is not out of order. And a special thank you for some specific advice from Ken G. Holman: "You just had a perspective that wasn't taking advantage of the inherent XML facilities in XSLT. XSLT was designed *for* XML, not just a tack-on of a bunch of subroutines as is true for non-XML languages."

With that advice in mind, I have successfully refactored some very complex and failure-prone XSLT into sets of simple and straightforward node selection that perform exactly as I desired. Go figure?

I learned style for the coding language I think in (C++) by repairing faulty code and from some excellent design pattern books. Since the only faulty code I see now is my own, I'd like to know how to find some good sources for XSLT design patterns and style? (I do have the 4th edition of Michael's fine book.)

Thanks again,
Enjoy the weekend,
Mark