Re: [xsl] XQuery 3.0 and maps in Saxon

Subject: Re: [xsl] XQuery 3.0 and maps in Saxon
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:30:22 +0000
On 28/01/2012 16:34, Jakub Maly wrote:
I would like to experiment with map features in Saxon (http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/expressions/xpath30maps.xml), but I am unable to get past query compilation. Maybe I am missing some parameter or I use a wrong namespace, but I just can't find the right answer. This is my query code:

Unfortunately, maps as implemented in Saxon-PE 9.4 (both XSLT and XQuery) are not documented either in any published W3C working draft, nor in the Saxon documentation. I have remedied this by placing a specification at:

http://dev.saxonica.com/blog/mike/2012/01/#000188

Any resemblance to any spec that might be published by some future W3C working group is entirely serendipitous.

Michael Kay
Saxonica