Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors
From: Mark Giffin <m1879@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:48:14 -0800
On 2/9/2012 10:14 AM, Andrew Welch wrote:
Maybe all the hobbyists have gotten excited by HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript. "Cool"
and "new" are the Queen Bee of the hive.
html5 and css3 really are amazing... very, very impressive.
Agreed, I generally like what's going on with these. It will be very interesting to see what effect this has on our XML communities. HTML5 makes it easier to use XML like SVG and MathML. But JSON seems to be wiping out XML use in things like Ajax and other web development areas. XHTML has no more official future.

What are the strong areas for XML that look like they will remain? Even Douglas Crockford (main promoter of JSON) says that XML is better for documents than JSON. What else? XML databases?

Mark