Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors
From: Mark Giffin <m1879@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:53:12 -0800
On 2/9/2012 11:59 AM, Andrew Welch wrote:
Nooooo not xml vs json....  :)   There are plenty of opinions in the
various archives if you wanted to go over that old ground.

> From an XSLT perspective, html5 should be just another output format
(assuming the xml syntax version of html5 is covered by the existing
xml output method)
Sorry, but forget JSON. What is XSLT mainly being used for these days? Is it shrinking in use or growing? I notice Michale Kay's list of XSLT2 processors does not include anything from Microsoft, so I assume they are still not going for it:

Saxon, Altova, IBM, Intel, MarkLogic, XQSharp.
Saxon-CE (client edition) for the browser now in beta.
Gestalt still exists but development has ceased.

I use XSLT for tech pubs-type documentation systems and find it very useful. Where do you use it Mr. Welch?

Mark